What is Set Enterprises Inc?
SET® Enterprises Inc is a small women-owned game company. Marsha Falco, the founder and game inventor started her company in 1990 with one solitary game called SET®. Amazing how 1 game started this company 25 years ago. Now twenty-five years later her daughter Colette Falco owns and operates SET Enterprises. This company has a global presence and Marsha’s games are now sold in 40 countries. They offer an extraordinary line of America’s favorite Card Games, these include:
- Five Crowns
This family-owned business knows how important it is to inform readers about their products. These games are full of family-friendly aspects which will be appreciated by families who want good, clean fun.
The Original Game: SET®.
This game has been awarded 35 Best Game Awards including the Mensa Select. This game has no turns and you do not have to have luck. SET® is fast paced and a challenge. Laughter and fun are what this game is all about. You can take this game on the road and any table will work as your ‘board’. This can be played by 1 player or more and is geared toward ages 6-99 years old.
SET® Mini Round
This SET Mini Round version is great for travel. Each game comes in a click-clack tin, also each round card has three features: number, color, shape. Otherwise, all of the other features are the same as the original game.
If you are a competitive player you will enjoy this thrilling game. In the game of Karma, you never really know who is going to win until the very last card. Social and competitive players alike will enjoy the clever nuances this game has to offer. The 4 different KARMA CARDS, like wild cards, make this game one with an ending that is a challenge to predict. Combine two games and you have a party game for up to 12 people!
How to play
Your goal is to get rid of all your cards. KARMA is an elimination game where everyone wins – except for the last player holding cards. Each turn play a card of equal or higher number to avoid picking up the entire discard pile. Move your cards faster by playing doubles & triples. There are four different KARMA CARDS in the deck and they can be played on any card. Be sure to use them wisely because in this game…What Goes Around…Comes Around!
This game is suggested age: 8 to adult
Length of play: 40 minutes
Number of players: 2 – 6 (unless you combine 2 decks)
The Award-winning KARMA game now comes in a mini tin.
This Karma Mini Round Tin version of the game is easy to take on the road and take anywhere you want to play a quick game with friends. Same rules as the larger version and just as thrilling!
Quiddler: For the FUN of words
Quiddler is an educational challenge for beginners and ink slingers alike. There are two bonuses each round: one for the longest word and one for the most words! The object is to arrange all the cards in your hand into one or more words.
- There are 8 rounds per game.
- Start with 3 cards in the first round, 4 cards in the second round, on up to 10 cards in the last round.
- Players draw and discard until someone forms their entire hand into words using two or more cards per word.
- Once a player goes out, everyone else gets one last chance to draw and put down the words they have made.
- Quiddler is called ‘The SHORT Word Game’ because readers of all ages can play and win with short words like ‘at’, ‘is’ and ‘the’.
- You can even use a dictionary when it’s not your turn.
- Try to use your high point letters, but don’t get caught with them in your hand!
Quiddler is not Only Fun but Educational
While playing Quiddler, it is so much fun that you won’t notice you’re learning! Quiddler sharpens spelling skills and increases vocabulary and critical thinking skills. The dictionary becomes your friend in this game! You will use it when challenging a word of another player and more importantly when it is not your turn, you will use it to look up words. Such a great tool to introduce to your child which will in turn help them use it with their school work.
For your Witty Word Wizards!
Quiddler Junior is a great word game for early readers and word masters alike. It’s easy to learn and fun for the whole family. Each card contains a short word and colorful illustration making it fun and easy to play and learn. Earn points by arranging the cards in your hand into one or more words. Each round the number of cards dealt increases starting with two cards per person and going to seven cards per person. Players draw and discard until someone forms their entire hand into words using one or more card(s) per word. Once a player goes out, everyone else gets one last chance to draw and put down the words they have made. Get a 5 bonus points by having the longest word in any round. The player to bank the most points wins. Scoring is easier and more fun when using point chips. Kids have fun earning, adding and exchanging their point chips.
Award-winning Five Crowns Game
Five Crowns is a five-suited rummy-style card game played in eleven rounds. It is a quick favorite for avid and casual card players alike.
Five Crowns features:
- a unique double-deck that contains 5 suits (the stars are new) providing each player multiple options for arranging their hand into books and runs.
- The wild card changes each round keeping you on your toes.
- It starts with 3 cards and 3s are wild, next round has 4 cards and 4s are wild and so on ‘til the Kings Go Wild!
- Make the right combinations, be the first to go out, then watch the others scramble as they get one last chance to cut their losses.
Family Fun is top priority with the Five Crowns game
You will have a great time while bridging the generational gap at your next family gathering by playing Five Crowns. With easy to learn instructions, you will be able to include younger members of your family while still capturing the interest of everyone else. This game is a best seller for a reason!
Award-winning Five Crowns Junior Game
Five Crowns Junior is a kid-style rummy that is fun for the whole family! Enjoy this award-winning game that will have the kids on a treasure hunt as they are on the lookout to match all five cards in their hand to earn treasure chips!
- Be the first player to match all five cards by either number or color and go out.
- Then each player gets one last turn to match what they can.
- Avoid earning Robby chips because that packrat wants to steal away all your treasure!
- The wild card for each round is a mystery until someone flips the extra-large wild card and reveals the magic crown.
- The player with the most treasure chips at the end of the five rounds wins!
Enjoy bridging the generational gap at your next family gathering by playing Five Crowns Junior. With easy to learn instructions, you will be able to include younger members of your family while still capturing the interest of everyone else. This game is a big hit for a reason!
The post SET® Enterprises Inc. Celebrating 25 Years: Parent Tested Parent Approved appeared first on Mom Blog Society.